of MBA Marketing
Marketing teaches art of selling products or services.
A Marketing person has to analyse and assess feasibility
of products according to market demand, Design strategies
to market new products and set marketing goals.
Professional other core areas are Branding, Planning
and adoption of promotional campaigns, Client research
etc. Marketing person, with innovative strategies, bring
new ideas and concepts which help organizations to prosper.
of MBA Marketing
Marketing Students are taught innovative marketing techniques.
The MBA Marketing covers every aspect of marketing management
- sales, branding, finance, advertisement, people management
Marketing course helps to inculcate good reasoning skill
and problem solving skill in the individual through
which they are able to sell and market products in difficult
market conditions. MBA in Marketing provides lot of
job satisfaction and good earnings.
marketing professionals are always in great demand in
all industrial sectors because of increase in competition
in marketing products and services.
Contents for MBA Marketing
- Basics: Marketing, Market, Marketing Management, Tasks,
Philosophies, Marketing Mix, Marketing Program and Marketing
Strategy, Marketing Environment - Company's Micro and Macro
Environment - Interface other functional areas.
- Market Segmentation: Levels and Bases for Segmentation,
Segmenting Consumer Markets, Business Markets, International
Markets, Market Targeting - Evaluating Market Segments,
Selecting Market Segments - Product Positioning, Positioning
Strategies, Demand Measurement and Sales Forecasting Methods,
Estimating Current and Future Demand.
- Marketing Programme: Decisions Involved in Product, Branding,
Packaging, Product Line and Product Mix Decisions, New Product
Development, Product Life Cycle. Pricing Products, Strategies,
Distribution - Channels, Channel Management Decisions, Promotion
Mix - Advertising, Sales Promotion, Public Relations, Personal
- Consumer Markets: Model of Consumer Behavior, Seven Os
Structure, Factors Affecting Consumer Behavior, Stages in
the Adoption Process, Industrial Markets - Characteristics,
Industrial Buyer Behavior, Services Markets-Characteristics,
- Marketing Organisation and Control: Types of Marketing
Organisation Structures and Factors affecting Marketing
Organisation Annual Plan Control, Efficiency Control, Profitability
Control and Strategic Control, Marketing Audit, Online Marketing.
- Marketing Research: Marketing information system - Marketing
decision support system, Marketing research process, Decision
Making Tools, Non-Parametric Statistics in Research (McNemar,
Sign Test -One and Two samples, Run test, Wilcoxon Matched
pairs test, Mann-Whitney, Kolmogorov - Simronov, Kruskal
-Wallis tests. Markov Analysis, Multi-Variate analysis,
Factor analysis- Objectives, Concept, Factor analysis Model,
statistics associated with Factor analysis, Conducting factor
analysis and determination of factors, applications. Discriminant
(linear two group) analysis.
- Product Management - Product Decisions, Product Market
Evolution, Product Modification and New Product Introduction,
Market Segmentation, Product Development and Testing : Product
Launching ,Test marketing, Marketing Mix allocations. Planning
annual Strategy/budget. Organization for product Management.
- Marketing Communication Process: A Model of communication
effects. Promotion Mix, Integrated Marketing Communication
(IMC)Strategy. Promotion and IMC planning and Strategy.
The International market environment for Promotion & IMC.
- Advertising: Message and Media Strategies: Advertising
objectives. Creative strategy: The creative idea, creative
execution Tactics. Creative execution: Attention and structure
of Advertisements. Media strategy and Implementation.
- Personal Selling & Sales Management: Personnel Selling
Process and approaches, Sales management- Objectives, Policies
& Strategy, Sales Management process, Recruiting, Selecting,
Training, Motivating, Compensating, Evaluating and Supervising
& Controlling Sales force. Sales Budgets, Quotas and Sales
- Customer Relations Management : Meaning, definition, Practice,
Technology . Customer Life Cycle, CRM Process, Negotiating
with Key Customers- Call Centres, Customer Interaction,
Negotiation as a Process, Tools of Negotiation, Negotiation
Audit, Application Providers and CRM.
- Foundations of Customer Centric Business: Internal process
and Customers, External Process and Customers, Key Customers,
prioritizing Key Customers, Customer Strategy grid. Partner
Relationship Management ( PRM), The Technology in PRM.
- Models of Consumer Behaviour : Modeling Behavior Traditional
Models, Contemporary Models. Generic Model of Consumer Behavior,
Nicosia Model. Howard Sheth Model, Engel, Blackwell and
- Services and Retail Marketing - Service: Concepts, Scope
of Services. Goods-Services continuum. 4Is of Services Goods
and Services Categorization. Industrial Services. Segmentation
target Marketing and positioning . Customer expectations
and perceptions of services.
- Service marketing Mix: Product, Pricing ,Place , Promotion,
People, Physical evidence and process. Service Quality-
Dimensions of quality. Understanding Quality Management.
Measuring service Quality. Introduction to Retailing : Types,
Franchising in retail, Technology in retail, Factors affecting
retail, Retailing process. Retailing in India and emerging
trends and Policy imparatives.
- Merchandise management: Sources of merchandise, Logistic
Management, Category Management, Store Layout, Design and
Visual Merchandising, Retailing Strategy and Customer Service.
Books for MBA
- Kotler Philip, Keller, Koshy and Jha , 2006, Marketing
Management , 12th Edition, Pearson Education / Prentice
Hall of India.
- Lamb, Hair and Mc Daniel, 2005, Marketing, 8th Edition,
- Rajan Saxena, 2006, Marketing management, TMH.
- Burns and Bust 2006, "Marketing Research", 2nd Edition,
- Green E. Paul, Tull S.Donald & Albaum, 2006, Gerald: Research
for Marketing Decisions-PHI, 6th Edition, PHI.
- Keith Blois, 2005, Marketing, Oxford University Press.
- Crawlford and Benedetto: 1982, New Product Management,
- Wind Yoram: 1982, Product Policy, Addison and Wesley.
- Donald Lehman: 1997, Product Management, McGraw Hill
- Ramaswamy V.S. Namakumari S, 2006, Marketing Management
- The Indian Context, Macmillan India Ltd.
- Perreault, 2005, Basic Marketing, TMH.
- Subhas C Jain, 2005, Marketing Planning & Strategy, South
- Etjel, Walker & Stanton, 2005, Marketing, TMH.
- David Jobber & John Fahey, 2006, Foundations of Marketing,
- Semenik, 2006, "Promotion and IMC", Thomson.
- Belch, 2005, Advertising and Promotion, TMH.
- Clow, 2007, "Integrated Advertising, Promotion and Marketing",
3rd Edition, Thomson.
- David Gilbert, 2003, Retail Marketing Management, 2nd
edition, Pearson Education.
- Zeithaml Valorie A. and Bitner Mary , 2000, Services
Jobs for MBA
are an enormous amount of career opportunities and options
for MBA Marketing Professionals. The most common are -
- Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Product Manager
- Strategic Market Planner
- Sales Manager
- Advertising Manager
- PR (public relations) Director
- Marketing Communications Manager