International Business Management - Colleges and Courses
this page we have provided detailed information about
colleges and universities that are offering courses
in International Business Management. The main course
offered by MBA colleges in India is MBA (International
of MBA International Business
is a dire need for managers and future leaders with
a global mindset - managers who can appreciate different
cultures, who can build networks across geographies,
and live and work across cultures.
in MBA International Business
International Business offered by MBA institutes are
as given below. Some of these are full time residential
programs and some are part time and for admission in
these MBA programmes students have to pass an all india
entrance exam. Selected candidates are again tested
through group discussion and personal interview. Click
on the links below to see the institutes offering MBA
International Business programmes.
- MDI Gurgaon offers Post Graduate Programme in International
Management (PGP-IM) in collaboration with European
School of Management (ESCP-EAP), France. The first
phase of dual degree programme is delivered on MDI
Campus, at Gurgaon. The second phase of the programme
is delivered in Europe at the London, Paris & Turin
- IIFT Delhi offers MBA (International Business) which
is a six trimester general management programme with
a focus on international business.
School of Management, New Delhi offers two
year Full Time Post Graduate Diploma in Management
in International Business Management (PGDM-IBM)
of Management Technology, Ghaziabad offers
Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (International
Pai Management Institute, Manipal - offers
PGDM - International Business
Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research,
Mumbai offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- International Business
of Business Administration, Aligarh offers
Master of Business Administration - International
Institute of Management and Research, Indore
offers MBA (International Business)
of Productivity and Management, Ghaziabad offers
PGDM -International Business
of Management, Pondicherry offers MBA with
specialization in International Business
of Business Administration, VIT offers M. B.
A. - International Business
School of Management Studies, Punjabi University ,
Patiala offers MBA (Global Business)
of Management Studies, Devi Ahilya University , Indore
offers MBA (International Business)
Business School, Chandigarh offers MBA (International
College Institute of Management, Bangalore
offers MBA - International Business (Singapore)
of Public Enterprise (IPE), Hyderabad offers
Post Graduate management programme in International
Mumbai offers PGDM - International Business
Shivani Institute of Management, Hyderabad
offers PGCP IN GLOBAL BUSINESS of 6 months
Institute of Management Studies, Dharwad offers
MBA-IB Master of Business Administration in International
Business - 2-year full time course.
Varanasi , BHU offers Master's programme in
International Business Administration (MIBA)
New Delhi offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management
Institute of Management, Pune offers Post Graduate
Diploma in Foreign Trade and Post Graduate Diploma
in Import and Export Management.
Institute of Management Studies, Delhi offers
PGDM in International Business
of Management, Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
, Aurangabad offers Diploma in International
Contents of MBA International Business
- An overview - International Business : A global perspective.
Internationalization Process - Stages in International Business
- Approaches to International Business. The World of International
Business: Regional and Global Strategy - The Multinational
Enterprise - The Triad and International Business.
- Global Business & National Regulation: Rationale for Government
Intervention - Forms of Trade Regulation at National Level
- Tariff and Non-Tariff Barriers. Regional Economic Integration:
Levels of Economic Integration - Benefits & Costs of Economic
Integration - Major Trading Blocks: EU, NAFTA, ASEAN and
- Global Business and Multilateral Regulation of Trade and
Investment: Basic Principles of Multilateral Trade Negotiations
- GATT and its early Rounds - World Trade Organization -
Structure and functions - TRIMs & TRIMs - WTO & India -
- Global Business and Entry Strategies: Global Market Entry
Strategies - Exporting, Licensing, Franchising, Contract
Manufacturing, Assembly and Integrated Local manufacturing.
Global Ownership Strategies: Ownership Strategies: Strategic
Alliance - Types of Strategic Alliances - Selection of Strategic
Alliance Partner, managing and sustaining Strategic Alliance
- Corporate Self Analysis - Intelligent Alliances & Corporate
life Cycle - Corporate Personality Types and Individual
Managers Personality Types and project personality Types.
Cost and Benefit Analysis of Entry Strategies: Entry Analysis
and Entry strategy configuration.
- Managing Global Business: Strategy and Global Organization
-Global Strategic Planning - Going Global and Implementing
Strategies - Designing Effective International Organizations.
Spanning Borders for Cross- Cultural Management: Cultural
Dimensions of International Management - Intercultural Communications
- Intercultural Negotiations. Human Resources Management
in Global Context: Human Resources - Staffing, Training
and Development - Managing Expatriates - International Labor
- International Financial System: Evolution of international
financial system - gold standard, Brettonwoods standard,
flexible exchange rates and cooperative intervention. Global
financial markets - money and capital markets. Global financial
instruments and institutions.
- Foreign Exchange Markets: The mechanism of FE transfers.
CHIPS. FE dealings and quotations. Exchange rate determination
- BOP approach, Parity conditions: purchasing power parity,
interest rate parity; International Fisher's effect; Unbiased
forward rate theory; The asset approach; technical approach.
- Foreign Exchange Risk Management: Types of risks - transaction,
translation, operating and strategic risks. Risk quantification.
Instruments and strategies for hedging and eliminating foreign
exchange risks - trading in forwards, futures or option
markets; invoicing in the domestic currency; managing payments/collections
of currency flows based on the predicted foreign exchange
movements. Foreign Exchange forecasting.
- Financial Management of the Multinational Firm: Cash management
- borrowing and investing, parking the surplus cash, centralized
and decentralized cash management and cash transmission.
International investments - portfolio and direct investments.
Capital budgeting decisions - APV, NPV vs. APV. Country
risk analysis - types, assessment and measurement. International
mergers and acquisitions - negotiated acquisitions and contested
bids. Sources of overseas funding - euro currency markets
and instruments, euro credits, foreign bonds, ADRs, GDRs.
Global financing strategy. Project financing.
- Tax Implications for Global Activities: International
tax laws a comparative analysis. Carry forward and carry
back. Tax treaties. Tax credits. Taxes on income from intracompany
transactions. Tax implications of foreign activities of
an Indian enterprise. Tax incentives for earnings in foreign
currency. Tax implications of activities of foreign enterprises
in India. Double taxation relieves. Transfer pricing.
- International Marketing: Concept, scope & Objectives.
Challenges and opportunities in International Marketing,
Underlying forces of International Marketing.
- Export Marketing: Recent Import Export Policy and Procedures,
as on 31st March. General Various Export Promotion schemes,
as on 31st March of the last financial Year.
- Facilities and incentives relating to export business:
Rules for successful exporting. Preliminaries for starting
Export Business, Registration of Exporters, 87 Sending /
Exporting samples, Appointing Overseas Agents Obtaining
a License (Export License).
- International Pricing Decisions: Factors influencing international
pricing decisions- Uniform pricing V/s Market by market
- Arranging Finance for exports: Financial and fiscal incentives
provided by the Government and foreign exchange facilities
by the R.B.I. and EXIM Bank. Institutional support from
Government, Semi. Government and Autonomous Organizations
for Exporters. Obtaining export credit Insurance. Exchange
rates, Understanding foreign exchange rates and protection
against their adverse movement.
- Export Documentation: Submitting Documents to Bank for
purchase / Collection / Negotiation under L/C. Export Credit
Limit. Preparing Export Document Shipping and Customs Clearance
of the goods. Processing / Manufacturing goods for Export
and their inspection by Government Authorities. Compulsory
Quality Control and Pre-shipment Inspection, Excise Clearance,
Insuring goods against marine risks, Marine Insurance.
- Labeling, Packaging, Packing And Marketing Goods For
Orientation to GATT and functions of W.T.O.
Books for MBA
- Richard M. Hodgets & Fred Luthans 2006, International
Management, T MH.
- Michael R. Zinkota, Ilkka A Ronkainen, Michael H. Moffet
2002, International Business, Thomson - Southwestern.
- John D. Daniels & Lee H. Radebaugh,2006, International
Business, Pearson Education.
- John B. Cullen, 2005, Multinational Management - A strategic
- Alan M. Rugman, Richard M. Hodgettes, 2004, International
Business, Pearson / PHI.
- Chary S.N., 2006, Elements of International Business,
- Shajahan. S, 2006, International Business, MacMillan.
- Larrain Seigal , 1996, International Business,Times Business
Random House, New York.
- David H. Holt and Karen W. Wigginton, 2005, International
- Manab Thakur, Gene E. Burton and B N Srivastava, 1997,
International Management, Concepts and Cases, Tata McGraw
- Apte.P.G., 2006, International Financial Management, 4th
edition, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi - 8
- Eiteman.D.K., Stonehill.A.I., Moffett.M.H., Pandey.A.,
2006, Multinational Business Finance, 10th Edition, Pearson
- Melvin.M., 2000, International Money and Finance, 6th
- Subba Rao, 2007, International Business, Himalaya Publications.