of MBA Human Resource
professionals in human resources often get jobs in a
variety of corporate positions related to human resource
management. As Human Resource is the most important
part of any organisation they also act as counselors,
offering assistance to employees to deal with personal
HR professionals have a wide variety of responsibilities,
including hiring new employees, dealing with labor disputes,
training employees, compensation policies, benefit programs,
union and labor relations. Another role of HR is designing
and implementing performance management systems so that
it can perform employee career planning, counselling
of MBA Human Resource
MBA in HR teaches as how to build solid foundation of
people in an organization, by managing them, delegating
their duties and keeping them in harmony.
HR plays an integral role in sourcing and retaining
talents that helps organization grow and prosper. Hence,
organisations require talented students with management
degrees in HR who are trained and better equipped to
take on the challenge of building the best human resource
talents for the organisation.
training in HR inculcates in students good communication
skill, people management skill, eye to spot talent,
positive attitude and logical approach in solving problems.
Contents for MBA Human Resource
- Human resources Management-Introduction and Importance-Evolution
- difference between Personnel Management and HRM- Strategic
HRM- role of a HR Manager.
- Human Resources Planning-Objectives-Importance-HRP Process-
Manpower Estimation-Job analysis-Job Description-Job Specification.
Recruitment-Sources of Recruitment-Selection Process-Placement
and Induction-Retention of Employees.
- Training and Development- Objectives and Needs-Training
Process-Methods of Training -Tools and Aids-Evaluation of
- Labour Laws and Industrial relations
- Strategic HRM and Personnel Administration.
- Human Resource Management: Gaining a Competitive advantage
- Responsibilities and Roles HR Departments perform - Changing
nature of the HRM function - Competitive Challenges influencing
HRM - Meeting competitive challenges through HRM practices
- HRM and Competency Building - HRM and Change Management
- HR as a Strategic Business Partner - The role of HR in
providing Sustainable competitive advantage.
- Human Resource Process : Objectives and Process - Job
Analysis and Design -Acquisition and preparation of HR -
Selection and placement process - Types of interviews -
Effectiveness of Interviews - Socialising, Orienting, and
Developing Employees. Employee Training - Determining Training
needs - Training approaches - Employee Development - Job
shadowing - Employee Development Methods - Evaluating Training
and Development Effectiveness.
- Managing Careers: Career Development versus Employee development
- Career Development - Value for the organization and individual
- Career stages - Career Choices and Preferences - Holland
Vocational Preferences Model - The Schein's anchors - Myers
Briggs Typologies - Mentoring and Coaching.
- Performance Management: An organizational model of Performance
Management (PM) - Purposes of Performance Management - Performance
Measures criteria - Approaches to measuring performance
- Performance Appraisal Methods - Performance feedback -
Performance Management.and Pay, Performance Management for
- Contemporary Issues in HRM: Work Life Balance - Diversity
Management - Talent Management - Quality of Work Life -
HR issues in Mergers and Acquisitions - e-HR - Competency
Mapping - Employer Branding - Employee Branding _ HR Scorecard
- Whistle blowing Policy - Industrial Relations Dynamics
- Outsourcing - Implication of Globalization to HRM Function
- Compensation Management - Introduction to Strategic Compensation
Management, Compensation and Employee Behaviour, Designing
Compensation System, Employee Benefits Management, Contemporary
Strategic Compensation Challenges and Strategic Issues and
Choices in Using Contingent and Flexible Workers.
- Empowerment and Leadership Development - Empowering manager,
Leadership and management, The leader as a social architect,
Leadership development programs - Characteristics of leadership
program, Developing an engaged workforce - Engagement drivers
- The employee lifecycle - Meaning and significance of company
culture - Shaping a high performance culture - Creating
a culture of recognition and celebration. Trends impacting
the employer-employee relationship - Likely impact of the
emergent trends - Best employer theory - people value index
model - The best employer model
Books for MBA
- Bohlander, 2006, Human Resource Management, 10th Edition,
- Dessler Gary, 2006, Human Resource Management, 10th Edition,
Pearson / Prentice Hall of India.
- Mondy, 2007, Human Resource Management, 9th Edition, Pearson
- Wayne F. Cascio 2006, Managing Human Resources, TMH.
- Aswathappa, 2006, Human Resource Management, 4th Edition
- Barry A.Gerhart, Rynes,Sara, 2006, Compensation: Theory,Evidence,
And Strategic Implications - Sage Publication
- Compensation & Classification (2007 Yale University) -
Office of Human Resource
- Richard S Williams, 2006, Managing Employee Performance
- Thomson Publishers.
- Agwnis, 2006, Performance Management - Pearson
- Prem Chadha, 2006, Performance Management - Macmillan
- Desimone, 2007, Human Resource Development, 10th Edition,
- Noe A.Raymond, John Hollenbeck, Barry Gerhart and Patrick
Wright: Human Resource Management, Tata McGraw Hill.
- Decenzo A.David and Stephen Robbins - Human Resource Management,
John Wiley & Sons.
- Jyothi P. and DN Venkatesh - 2006, Human Resource Management,
Oxford University Press.
- VSP Rao 2006, Human Resource Management, Text and Cases,
- Daft, Richard: The Leadership Experience, Thomson
- Gary Yukul, 2006, Leadership, Pearson Education.
- Richard L. Hughes, Robert C. Ginnett, Gordon J. Curphy,
2006, 5th Edition, TMH.
- Dubrin, Andrew, ' Leadership', Biztantra.
Jobs for MBA
HR professionals get employment in all companies because every
big / medium company requires them to manage their human resources.
Some of the top HR job responsibilities are -
- HR assistant
- staffing manager
- human resource specialist
- HR benefits analyst
- benefits coordinator
- compensation analyst
- human resources coordinator
- HRIS analyst
- payroll supervisor
- Restructuring analyst
- Skill development
- Recruitment & hiring specialist