Entrepreneurship Management - Colleges and Courses
this page we have provided detailed information about
colleges and universities that are offering courses
in Entrepreneurship Management. The main course offered
by MBA colleges in India is the two-year Post Graduate
diploma in Entrepreneurship Management
of MBA Entrepreneurship Management
providing MBA Entrepreneurship Management identify prospective
entrepreneurs and provide them with a thorough knowledge
and appropriate approach towards the subject, consequently
producing industrious entrepreneurs.
ultimate objective of MBA Entrepreneurship Management
- to create effective and successful entrepreneurs
out of those who have no exposure to this vocation,
but have an inclination and desire to turn into such
- to enhance the skills of those who are currently
functioning as such.
Entrepreneurship Management is for individuals who are
willing to do something on their own and are even ready
to leave their secure jobs to pursue a business venture.
There are several institutes that offer entrepreneurship
courses in India.
in Entrepreneurship Management
Entrepreneurship Management offered by MBA institutes
are as given below. Some of these are full time residential
programs and some are part time. Click on the links
below to see the institutes offering MBA Entrepreneurship
- Post Graduate Programme for Certificate in Entrepreneurship
Management (PGP-CEM) - 6 Month course from XLRI
- Family Managed Business by S.P. Jain Institute of
management & Research is an 18 month Management Programme
for youngsters from business families. It requires
the participant to learn at the institute for 1 week
per month and gain hands-on business experience for
the remaining 3 weeks of the month.
Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
offers 1 year, Week-end Family Business Management
Program (FMBA). Classes are held on Saturdays (Full
day) and Sundays (Half day).
Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
offers Entrepreneurship Development programme. The
diverse aspects of the programme will be covered through
sessions at XIME for four weeks followed by a week
of Business plan preparation and mentoring.
Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
offers Diploma in Computerised Financial Accounting(DCFA)
and Diploma in Information Technology Enterprise(DIIT)
through its Centre for Entrepreneurial Development
Institute of Management, Ahmedabad offers MBA
(Family Business & Entrepreneurship)
of Management Studies, University of Madras , Chennai
of Productivity and Management, Ghaziabad offers
Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship Management
Business School, Noida offers MBA - Entrepreneurship
( 2 Years )
Welingker, Mumbai offers 2 years full time
PGDM Business Design. The purpose of this course is
to supply students as future leaders/managers with
knowledge and practical abilities in creative, innovative
and entrepreneurial processes. Another course offered
is PGDM Family Managed Business (PGDM FMB).
New Delhi offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management
of MBA Entrepreneurship Management
curriculum focus on functional areas of business like finance,
marketing, strategy and human resource (HR) etc., and also
on fields of specific interest in the context of entrepreneurial
development in India like women entrepreneurship, family business
agripreneurship and social enterprises. Special inputs are
included on team-building skills, self-motivation techniques,
learnings for managers from Indian heritage, etc.
curriculum consists of three different categories of courses
- Foundational courses,
- Courses which are intended to enhance the entrepreneurial
- Courses those which impart an integrative approach to
Course Contents of MBA Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneur and Entrepreneurship: Evolution of the Concept
of Entrepreneur - Characteristics of an Entrepreneur -Distinction
between an Entrepreneur and a Manager - Functions of an
Entrepreneur - Types of Entrepreneur - Intrapreneur - Concept
of Entrepreneurship - Growth of Entrepreneurship in India
- Role of - Entrepreneurship in Economic Development - Concept
of Entrepreneurship - Functions, growth, Problems, Development,
Recent Trends of Women Entrepreneurship - Meaning of and
- Need for Rural Entrepreneurship - Problems and Development
of Rural Entrepreneurship.
- Factors Affecting Entrepreneurial Growth: Economic and
Non-Economic Factors - Government Actions; Entrepreneurial
motivation; Entrepreneurial competencies; Entrepreneurial
mobility; and Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (EDPs)
- Need for, objectives, course contents and curriculum,
phases, evaluation of EDPs.
- Small Enterprises: Definition - Characteristics - Relationship
with large units - Rationale - Objectives - Scope of Small
Enterprises - Opportunities for an Entrepreneurial career
- Role of Small Enterprises in Economic Development - Their
problems - Project Identification and Selection - Project
Formulation - Project Appraisal - Financing - ownership
- Institutional Finance to Entrepreneurs: Commercial Banks
- Other Financial Institutions such as IDBI, IFCI, ICICI,
IRBI, LIC, UTI, SFCs, SIDCs, SIDBI, and EXIM Bank ; Need
for Institutional support to Entrepreneurs - Role of NSIC,
SIDO, SSIB, SSICs, SISI, DICs, Industrial Estates, Specialized
Institutions, and TCOs.
- Venture Capital: Venture Capital Financing Concept and
features, Need, relevance and development of venture capital
funds. Structure and regulatory framework of venture capital
financing in India. Investment process and evaluation -
Conventional valuation method, the first Chicago method,
Revenue multiplier method. Structuring venture capital financing.Investments
nurturing methodologies - valuation of venture capital portfolio.
Performance of TDICI and other Venture Capital Firms in
India. Exit Strategies of venture capital financing.Policy
imperatives of VCF development in India.
Books for MBA Entrepreneurship Management
- S.S. Khanka, 2007, Entrepreneurial Development, S. Chand
& Co. Ltd.
- Vasanth Desai, 2007, Dynamics of Entrepreneurial Development
and Management, Himalaya Publishing House, Millenium Edition.
- Dr. Vasant Desai, 2006, Small Scale Industries and Entrepreneurship,
Himalaya Publishing House.
- A. Sahay and A. Nirjar, 2006, Entrepreneurship, Excel
- S.R.Bhowmik and M. Bhowmik, 2007, Entrepreneurship, New
- David H. Hott, 2004, Entrepreneurship New Venture Creation,
- Poornima. M Charantimath, 2006, Entrepreneurial Development
and Small Business Enterprises, Pearson Education.
- Morse.E.A., Mitchell.R.K., 2006, Cases in Entrepreneurship,
- Donald G. Kuratko and Richard M. Hodgetts, 2006, Entrepreneurship,
- Raj Agrawal, 2005, Business Environment, Excel Books.